Music

Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on week 1

1. As stated last year, the only factor that will effect my participation in this class is myself. It has already been proven that the procrastination bug i had caught over the summer is still making its course(i believe that the phrase people use) throughout my body and i'm still attempting to recover from it. If i have any difficulties in this class there is no one to blame but myself.

2. In my previous years of education I was a victim of bullying, when i transitioned into high school I learned how to protect myself from it. I was bullied for various reasons such as the color of my skin and the way my body was shaped and because of those reasons I had a hard time accepting who I am. After many years and many tears that had passed me by I had decided to actually talk to someone and take my problem head on. I talked to my siblings, they had all been bullied for the same reasons, they had given me the key to overcoming many of my mental struggles. These two words have changed me in many ways, and though others may judge and criticize these "words of wisdom" i take great pride in them. The key to my ending the war on the battlefield of my mind were two simple (but raunchy) words.  F*ck It. (pardon my french). When doubt clouded my judgement and i couldn't find my way out,, I told my self "F*ck it". As difficult as things may have seemed i refused to go down without trying and "F*ck It" was basically my siblings way of saying Why not give it you best and better yourself? Why not try new things and challenge yourself in ways you didn't even know were possible? When push comes to shove, just f*ck it .

3. I'm excited to learn new skills and better myself as a student yet i'm still learning to overcome my what seems to be endless worry of passing this class. Though this class will be a tremendous challenge, I hope to learn skills that will put my mind to the test and prep me for college. Helping me find my passion would be a plus ! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment