Music

Thursday, January 9, 2014

AP Prep Post: 1. Siddhartha

1. What does enlightenment look like in Siddhartha? Is It a feeling? An attitude?

2. What does he fear if he stays home and continues in his father's religion?

3. What roles do thinking, intuition, valuing (feeling), and sensation play in obtaining enlightenment for Siddharatha?

4. Why is Siddhartha unhappy ? Why is his spirit like a "waiting vessel"?

5. What is the "Self"? Why has it occupied Siddhartha so?

~

Due to the fact that I have never read or even heard of Siddhartha until yesterday, I am currently unequipped to answer these questions. I'm sure with a little research and help from my colleagues, I could answer this questions in an hour and a half or so. The best way to answer them with a full understanding would be to read Siddhartha as a whole.

~

These questions made me realize how important it is to read everything in depth and to always be alert for messages the author may be trying to send to the reader. I don't always read in depth for literature I'm unfamiliar with and I'm starting to realize how fast that can drag me down. It's important that I don't overlook anything that the author says, I never know if that information will be important later one.


No comments:

Post a Comment