Music

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happy Black History Month !

This has always been a song that has been close to my heart. My great grandmother was a slave, though I didn't know her very well, my grandmother has always told me a lot of stories about her life growing up. If I recall the stories correctly, my great grandmother was a "house nigga" because of her light skin complexion. They have pictures of the first house she ever bought. It was beat down and raggedy, but the smile on my great grandmothers face was so heartwarming and joyous. This song has so much emotion into it, this video especially. Though my education hasn't provided abundant information on my history, I take pride in the small bits that I do know. If it weren't for the amazing people that I set as my background(Malcolm X, MLK, Rosa Parks, etc.), I might still be facing a lot of discrimination today, for that I am very thankful


No comments:

Post a Comment