Music

Monday, April 14, 2014

Acts II

ACT II

"Had he not resembled my father as he slept, I had don't"
This line made me chuckle, it was lady MacBeth who pushed MacBeth to kill Duncan, yet Duncan resembled her father so she could not do it herself. It seems more like she'd rather not have her hands soiled by convincing her husband to do the dirty work

"I could not say 'Amen,' when they did say 'God bless us!'
Guilt.

"Clean from my hand?No, this my hand will rather the multitudinous seas incaradine, making the green on red."

"A little water clears us of this deed: How easy it is then!"


"Oh yet I do repent me of my fury, that I did kill them!"

MacBeth and Lady. MB are tremendous actors. It's rather humorous to see them commit a crime so cruel such murder then mourn in shock the day actor.

"Lady MacBeth is carried out.."

Were her legs unable to hold the weight of her lies and deception?


I didn't have much commentary for Act II, It was mainly all about MacBeth and Lady MB's choice to murder the king and how their serpent like reflexes allowed them to slither away unsuspected. I look forward to reading the next few Acts (somewhat, this is Shakespeare after all),

No comments:

Post a Comment