Music

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What about my Masterpiece?

To be honest? It's getting hard to find energy for my masterpiece. When I'm not at school, I'm at work. When I'm not at work, I'm doing homework. When I'm not doing homework I'm trying to find time to sleep. I've been in grumpy zombie mode all week. My temper has become short from lack of sleep and my stress levels have risen from lack of time to get what I need to get done. So far we're working on posters for our teacher rap battle to help raise money for the bless you bags.  For the most part, we're on track. We have permission from ASB and teachers, we have a DJ and we have a date for the rally. All we need now is an outline of the rally and a list of instructions for the participants. I also need to find time to do research on prices for the bless you bags. I want to get the best deals possible to make as many bags as possible, but time seems to be running short. I hope once I get paid that I can afford to take a trip around town at the local grocery stores to find good prices for the bags. I see more and more homeless people out everyday and it breaks my heart that I cannot help them. I also need to make informational flyers about bless you bags to show local churches and businesses so that we can begin raising bless you bags for the community. Bags are built by donation and distributed by love offerings. I hope to have all of the bags prepared by the end of spring break. I would like to set up a small station in the office for bless you bags, students just put small offerings and take a bag to distribute. There is no minimum for donations. I would also very much like to go talk to local elementary school children. I feel like a lot of schools would be willing to help us raise money for bless you bags and having a physical bag to show them would definitely gain more support. If the public responds as anticipated, I will notify the local news and radio stations so that Righetti can be recognized for its efforts on helping the community. I have a lot of plans for these bags and I can't tell whether they're realistic or not, but I wont stop trying until I've given every last of my efforts. Anyways, our project is on track for the most part. My group just needs to step up its game and get on it's grind. We may have the luxery of relaxing and having the pleasure to distract ourselves with the things we enjoy, but many homeless men, women and children are struggling everyday. It's our turn to give back and giving back starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment