Music

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

GREEN EGGS AND HAMLET

a. Honestly, I don't have much knowledge on either. I do know that I've been meaning to watch the Hamlet movie before we dive into the story. Visuals always help me become more engaged with the story.

b. If I recall correctly, Shakespeare is a famous poet and playwright whose work is known around the world. He has written many famous stories that have been taught throughout high school for decades. Though his work is genius and creative, the language used can be so difficult to decode that many high school students won't see or understand the true nature and purpose that is hidden within the vocabulary.

c. Many students frown on ready Shakespeare mainly because of the language used. It is uncommon and difficult to interpret. Considering high school students like to think that they know everything, being introduced to such difficult literature is hard for them to process thus resulting in their hatred towards the poet.

d. I'm actually not too sure about this one, but I look forward to brainstorming with the class about it !

No comments:

Post a Comment