Music

Monday, October 28, 2013

WHAT I THINK ABOUT WHEN I THINK ABOUT ACT III

Act 3 was somewhat as I had interpreted. I felt like this part of the play would be the rising action or climax of Hamlet.I was a bit surprised to see the outcome of Hamlets "play within a play". I truly felt that Claudius would have been smart enough to hide his reaction. My original analysis was that Claudius would watch the play and remain silent, his face would lack expression and he would appear to be very observant. After the play ended he would either choose to be alone so that he could think out loud in order to figure out how Hamlet became aware of his dirty secret or confront Hamlet about knowing of his wrong doings. I was disappointed to see the Claudius reacted almost instantaneously and left so abruptly after he came to realize that Hamlet had known that he was his fathers murder. Normally those capable of murder are mentally prepared to tactfully escape accusations of their crime if someone is to find out. Apparently Claudius isn't as intelligent as I had assumed. This Act was really all over the place. Hamlet seems to be losing sanity at an accelerated rate, this results in lack of empathy. It becomes apparent that Hamlets mission for revenge soon turns into an uncontrollable blood lust that will only lead to his own death. Something really is rotten in the state of Denmark.
"Before there is peace, blood will spill, and the lake will run red." - Erin Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment