Music

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Character Study. ( I )

I'm very tempted to go all Disney crazy on my character and name her Princess Jasmine due to my love of the movie Aladdin but i'll try my best to refrain from doing the cliche over the top character that most teenagers have a tendency to create.


My characters name is indeed Jasmine, but she is no Princess, she's a scholar from the future. She has an endless love for knowledge and won't go seen without at least two holographic eBook. Jasmine possess as great knowledge of both book and street smarts, this skill makes her very resourceful when it comes to finding ways out of a sticky situation. She is embarking on a journey through time for the sake of learning. She is hoping to acquire more knowledge on this adventure and for this reason most of the belongings that she takes are for the sake of research. Her belongings consist of the necessities such as clothes and shoes that are easy to move freely in and lack restrictions. Her everyday wear consists of dark green, baggy cargo pants and a semi tight black crop top with comfortable black shoes. Around her waist is a black satchel purse in which contain books, water, trail mix, a camera, and a notebook with three black pens. With these basic needs and a few extras, she is ready to set out on her journey.


"Do you have everything? Double check to be sure that you have packed extra food, clothing and currency. You need to be overly prepared in case anything goes wrong." Jasmines fiance, Josh, paces back and fourth ensuring that she has everything prepared for her long journey. "Yes." says Jasmine calmly. She is sitting on her couch reading the the heroic epic of Beowulf. "I wonder if even the great Beowulf had to deal with such worrying from his loved ones." She smiles sweetly then closes her holographic eBook so that she can kiss her fiance an ensuring kiss on the cheek. "You worry too much, It's almost offensive. Do you not believe I can endure such a journey ? As you know I plan to meet up with others, I will not be alone." Josh gives her a faint smile but his eyes are still filled with grief and longing to accompany her on the trip. "Don't give me that look." she states in a pouting tone. "You and I both know that your commitment to our nations safety comes before your commitment to me. Didn't you just get a letter from your Commander recruiting you for the upcoming war? What will they think if you have gone off to accompany your fiance on a trip with an unknown destination and return date? Surely you mustn't think that is okay. You must stay behind and continue helping with the wedding preparations before your departure and free your mind from the troubling thoughts that cloud your judgement." Jasmine kisses Josh once more and he sighs in despair then begins to pace again. "You act as if i'm never going to contact you. Telepathy should work regardless of my location, era or even universe, and there's always holographic video calls. It'll be as if I had never left, so please don't act as if this is forever." Jasmine sits back down on the couch and continues reading. Josh stares at her as if his fiance has gone insane. "You act as if time traveling is the safest form of travel. Just because your friends prefer to live in different eras doesn't mean your journey is going to be easy. Not to mention my return from the war is also uncertain. Once i'm relocated I won't be able to talk to you as easily." Josh sighs once more and resumes double checking the luggage. "I just want you to be safe." he mutters under his breathe in defeat. Jasmine gives a small chuckle and smiles softly once more, " I didn't learn how to master martial arts for nothing my love." Josh laughs along with her then sits by her on the couch. He looks into her eyes and sighs once more, his eyes heavy with worry and pain. Jasmine looks up from her holographic eBook and frowns, his despair makes her uneasy but she refuses to let it change her mind. Sensing her sadness, Josh turns to her and smiles. "So how about you tell me about this Beowulf character you won't stop raving about?" Jasmines eyes glitter as the joy of literature fills her body. She then goes into a deep explanation on her book and all the worrying and doubt melt away from both her and her fiances mind as they share one last special moment before her departure.
I drew my character for a few reasons, mainly reasons that revolve around being a nerd and I figured if I was going to procrastinate I might as well relate it to something i'm participating in at school. I also drew my character for the sake of imagination. With this drawing I can imagine adventures and create story line a lot better compared to simply creating things from the top of my head. The blue that is circulating throughout her hair, clothing and body are all part of the era she comes from. Her eye's are a little funky looking but aside from that, this will create a sturdy template for my imagination to flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment