Music

Monday, September 2, 2013

WHY THIS BOOK ??

I chose "Lord of the Flies" for my literature analysis book this semester, according to the course blog we are supposed to give the reasoning why we chose our books for this assignment. In the end, it all boils down to the fact that we really weren't left with any other choice. Don't get me wrong, I used to be a book nerd a few years back, but my reading choices have always been very different compared to what schools assign. Many books that I have been assigned in high school have been rather dull and dreary in my point of view, the advanced vocabulary and the unrealistic story lines (for the most part), I've never been able to fully get into it. The books i prefer to read are often related to real life events, if you check my previous blog ( Jasmine Beebe English Lit ) , my focus on reality is apparent. I prefer to read about problems that go on everyday that most people fail to pay notice and bring them into the light. This year I had to take a big step out of my comfort zone and explore different genres of literature, so far i'm still not a big fan of the literature I have explored. I will say that the experience, though slow and painful, was important to my growth. Anyways, I got a little off topic from the requirements for this post.  I chose Lord of the Flies because it reminded me of a TV show was about a group of teenagers who had been stranded on an island after their plane had crashed on their way to camp, the teenagers are forced to survive off the wild in order to survive and record their experiences on a video camera. Though the rest is rather blurry, I have the gist in mind and it very much resembles Lord of the Flies. I'm hoping to find the name of the TV show and do comparisons of the two, though they aren't exactly similar, I would like to compare the teenagers decisions compared to the young boys and see the maturity difference in the two. I look forward to sharing my journey into this book and hope that you will stick around to see what I discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment