Music

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WILL STUDY FOR FOOD

Literally, I will legitimately take time to study if I am fed properly.

All humor aside, this post is about scholarship money in order to help aid paying for college. I've had a little trouble with the whole scholarship process. I haven't started filling out applications and I'm not entirely sure how to search for them. I hope to attend Cal State Northridge next year so that I can be close to my grandparents and assist my grandmother in taking care of my grandfather. God has also placed it in my heart to help build my families church back up in population, over the years the members have left for college, passed on or moved. The church is slowly dying and they have been struggling to bring it back to life. With the help of my boyfriend, Joshua, we hope to bring in more youth and events to accumulate more members and help my grandmothers church as a whole. I am aware that I qualify for Cal State Northridge but I have yet to figure out the proper scholarships needed to cover the costs. I plan to live on campus and hope to join a sorority for the first two years, than move into an apartment or into my grandparents house until graduation. A full year living on campus is estimated around $21,758, off campus is around $23,952. Four years at Cal State Northridge will cost almost $80,000. I hope that I can accumulate scholarship money every year so I can limit applying for loans as much as possible . Once I learn the scholarship process I plan to set up a application strategy and apply for as many scholarships as I can every month. Many of you may not be religious, but I believe that God has blessed me with great things and that his gifts will be overflowing when I begin applying for scholarships and colleges. I may not be ahead like I would have preferred, but with the grace of God I will make it through and come out Victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment